Thank you for the reviews! I love Samantha's coat, and might ask for it for Christmas or something.
Thank you again!
Jessica
The new historical outfits arrived and overall I have to say I'm happy with them.
Kirsten's blue coat is lovely; I like the fabric and the trim, as well as the cut. She looks great in it and in the hat with its inside ruffle and pretty ribbon and flower on the outside. The game is a nice plus; I really can see her playing it. Overall, at $28.00 not cheap but not a rip-off either.
Samantha's "bird watching" outfit is very feminine and pretty, also nicely made on the same pattern as Kirsten's. The hat is cute but whatever it's made from is very slick, almost like a rain hat I have. The bird cards look at least semi-Victorian/Edwardian, not glaringly modern. I haven't dug out my Kit binoculars for comparison but I believe Sam's are different, which surprised me. At $28.00, again not cheap but not terrible either.
Josefina's basket (feels like straw, not plastic) and the flowers are nice, and it's great to get the whistle back. The mortar and pestle were a surprise because I think they may actually be metal. They're certainly heavy and feel substantial. The problem is that even with the extra items, the rebozo, which is generously sized, just doesn't seem as big an item as a coat. At $24.00, this seems a few dollars over where it should be. However, Josefina fans like me will probably go for it anyway because of the whistle.
Now if only something new would come out for Addy and Kaya. C'mon, AG!
Thank you for the reviews! I love Samantha's coat, and might ask for it for Christmas or something.
Thank you again!
Jessica
Thanks for the reviews! I may actually have to break over and buy Josefina's outfit/accessory set! [img]redface.gif[/img] Even though it may not be worth the money, Josefina deserves something new!
Thanks for the reviews!
What does the material of the Samantha jacket feel like? Is it thin or more substantial?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The material for Sam's jacket feels the same as the jacket for Kirsten. Both feel like a soft wool to me, maybe a little bit of a thick felt. They do feel very substantial and the detailing on them is well done.Originally posted by StephanieS:
Thanks for the reviews!
What does the material of the Samantha jacket feel like? Is it thin or more substantial?
In the pictures Kirsten's coat looks like polar fleece! Please tell me it is wool-the only fabric that could possibly be right for her time period.
Here's hoping,
~Annie
Thanks for the review. You are right in that Josephina's outfit is on our list because of the whistle.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It really just feels like wool to me. I think of polar fleece as something with a deeper pile. There is no fabric content on the label, just hand wash instructions.Originally posted by anniebeez:
In the pictures Kirsten's coat looks like polar fleece! Please tell me it is wool-the only fabric that could possibly be right for her time period.
Here's hoping,
~Annie
Thanks for the detailed reviews!
Kim
Bookmarks